DMMA is the North American Organization for independent, full-service, full-line, brick and mortar shops that specialize in the retail sale of dollhouses and miniatures. The mission of DMMA is to preserve the dollhouse and miniatures industry by providing its members with tools that enable them to grow and expand. The ultimate goal is to increase public awareness and interest in the hobby of dollhouse and miniature collecting.
Vice President–Beverly Simon
Questions and Answers about DMMA
- Listing on the DMMA website, www.ministores.org, with a State by State listing, including address, phone, website address and email address of each member. The members can be linked to their own website from the DMMA website and up to two pictures can be displayed in 3 areas of the website along with the name of the shop, city an state.
- Group advertising benefits
- Special buying opportunities, including exclusive discounts and exclusive product for DMMA members
- Participation in the DMMA Member Forum, where members discuss best business practices, trade shows, sources, and more
- The ability to contact other members to locate hard to find items
- Communicate directly with artisans and vendors through the Forum
- The strength that comes with numbers, giving members a single voice to lobby for the interests of “Brick and Mortar” Shops
The membership committee shall consist of the treasurer and two additional members of the Board of Directors, one of whom will serve as Members Chairperson.
All applications will be submitted to the treasurer, who will provide each committee member with copies or a recap of each application received.
The committee will verify and evaluate the information contained in the application, and make a recommendation to the Board to either approve or reject the application.
Within three days of receipt of the membership committee’s recommendation, the Board shall vote to discuss the application. If there is no discussion, the Membership Chairperson shall call for a vote on acceptance or rejection of the application.
Upon completion of the vote, the Membership Chairperson will send a letter/email to each applicant informing them of the Board’s decision.